CCTV SURVEILLANCE PRODUCTS MANUFACTURER
Bit-CCTV, a reliable manufacturer for surveillance camera, is good at listening and caring.
Taking advantage of our in-depth knowledge of security solutions, BIT-CCTV's professional design and engineering team always listens to our customers and care about every detail in their requirement, and commits to providing tailored custom products/solutions for their systems and applications.
— Products FAQs
How are different kinds of pan tilt heads categorized?
Pan tilt heads are usually categorized in terms of below factors, and these are also important things users need to consider while selecting the right pan tilt heads.
1. Max. Load Capacity: pan tilt heads/positioner are divided into light duty, medium duty and heavy duty according to the maximum weight of items pan tilt head is capable of loading. In our pan tilt head products lines, they are categorized as below:
2. Load Types: Top load and side load (one side or two sides) are two common load types. Occasionally it could be top load + side load depending on system configuration.
3. Loaded Camera: Analogue camera or IP/network camera.
4. Rotation Angle: 360 degree continuous/endless pan rotation or non-continuous pan rotation, for example 355 degree. Rotation angle is one thing we can customize for our clients.
5. Rotation Speed: Constant rotation speed pan tilt heads or variable rotation speed pan tilt heads.
6. Drive/Transmission: gear, belt, worm/gear
Shall the pan tilt head be powered with AC or DC input?
Most of BIT-CCTV pan tilt heads are AC/DC 24V self-adaptive.
BIT-PT890 heavy duty pan tilt head with load capacity 80kg is DC48V drived.
BIT-PT409 light duty pan tilt head with load capacity 8kg can only accept AC24V input.
Where are pan tilt heads used?
How is a pan tilt head controlled by your loaded devices like IP/network camera?
Functioning as a mechanical and electronic rotary devices, pan tilt heads are commonly integrated into PTZ camera systems/solution like network PTZ camera, long range laser night vision PTZ camera, thermal imaging PTZ camera and HD visible & thermal imaging dual vision PTZ camera, and controlled by loaded analog/IP network camera via RS485/422 interfaces through Pelco P/D communication protocol for the purpose of getting continuous multi-angle security video image. Besides video bitems may also need pan tilt head.
As long as loaded camera, either analogue or IP/network camera is equipped with RS485 interface supporting Pelco P/D protocol, RS485 output data can be connected directly to the RS485 telemetry receiver built in pan tilt head mainboard through its RS485 input wires to control pan tilt head.
What is ONVIF?
Are BIT-CCTV pan tilt heads capable of working outdoor, even in harsh weather environment?
ONVIF is a standard for IP video surveillance devices. While it usually works well for basic video integrations, ONVIF is not ideal for handling PTZ commands of EO/IR systems and does not allow for many advanced commands such as switching thermal palettes, enabling gyro stabilization, enabling NIR/Fog Filters, etc.
Yes, all BIT pan tilt heads are designed with IP66 ingress protection level, some even with IP67. For hot and high humidity condition, or corrosion environment like seaside, corrosion resistance surface treatment and powder coating will be used to make sure a longer working life.